Wines of Germany Canada
578 Blenheim Cres.
Oakville, ON L6J 6P6
(905) 815 1581
Fax: (905) 844-1016
Press Trip Calendar for 2008
MAINZ, Germany – September 10, 2007:
The Deutsches Weininstitut representing Wines of Germany has scheduled a number of international press trips in 2008 – most of which are aimed at travel/lifestyle journalists. The familiarization tours usually involve media from several different countries and all told approximately 12-14 persons are in each press trip.
In most cases, two places in every program is reserved for Canadian journalists. Invitation includes air travel to Germany, hotel accommodation, all meals and travel in the program.
Proposed themes for the 2008 international press trip calendar include:
· Women and Wine – focusing on women winemakers and estate owners who are bringing their own style to the wine industry;
· Bio – Eco – a focus on the activities and people in the wine industry promoting environmentally friendly practices and how they are addressing the issue of global warming;
· Young Chefs – a gastronomical tour featuring local regional cuisine presented by new young chefs in Germany;
· Wine Region Festivals – a focus on cultural events in the wine regions of Germany that bring communities together and attract visitors from near and far;
· Mature Rieslings / Wine Auctions – a topic primarily aimed at wine journalists. Focus on a pre-tasting of mature wines from outstanding estates and vineyards and the international auction for wine collectors.
· ProWein – an international wine fair in Dusseldorf, which has become the largest international wine event in the world. Wines from all over Europe, and indeed the world, are presented by winery principals at this four-day event. Associated with this wine fair press trip are tour programs to German wine estates in several wine regions.
For further information on any of the above international familiarization tours, please contact Ron Fiorelli, Wines of Germany. Tel: 905 815 1581 Email: [email protected]